Here are the steps to order a custom design. I am happy to give you a free ball-park estimate.
1. Come up with an idea for a design. Here are some ideas to consider:
- A congratulations pillow for a friend’s wedding
- The announcement of a newborn baby
- Stitch a really cool, one-of a kind belt for a teenager
- A thank you pillow to a favorite teacher or co-worker
- Is someone you know retiring – make them a lovely keepsake ornament
- How about a stylish cell phone holder
- Make a family heirloom by stitching a picture from one of your grand kid’s drawings
- Create a tea cozy for your favorite tea pot
- Stitch a needlepoint rendition of your home
- See what other customers have created at Custom Designs Gallery
- PLEASE NOTE: I can’t copy other artist’s designs, but I can do a design in a similar style.
2. Once you have chosen your design idea, contact me for a free “ball park” estimate. Please include what you would imagine the overall size of your design would be; your mesh choice, 10, 13 or 18 holes to the inch; whether you want the background painted or not; and send any images that may help me get an idea of your vision for this design.
3. When you receive my estimate, you can choose to proceed with your order, or not. Going forward, I do request a $25 deposit which goes toward my sketch time and will be deducted from the final cost.
4. I’ll send you my sketch for approval either as an e-mail attachment or in the mail. Mark any changes to the design that you would like to see and then send the sketch back to me.
5. Then I’ll paint your canvas, stitch by stitch. When I receive your payment for the finished canvas, I will mail your design to you via USPS “Priority Mail.”
Any questions, feel free to contact me!